To provide guests and staff with laundry services that meets Raffles Standards.
Hotel Overview: Raffles Makkah Palace promises the exceptional standards inherent in the Raffles name and enhanced by Arab hospitality values. Raffles Makkah Palace offers 214 Suites & duplex Villas with breathtaking views of the Masjid Al Haram, the Holy Ka’aba and the city. The hotel combines the best of local cuisine and international dishes in each of its four outlets creating a unique and welcoming atmosphere in this diving setting. Guests can also indulge and immerse themselves in a relaxing sensory experience in our world renowned spa and fitness center or hold high-powered business gatherings in any of our state-of-the-art meeting rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Laundry Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Process laundry by either washing, dry cleaning or pressing
· Follow procedures for the above processes as established by the Asst. Laundry Manager
· Carefully use of laundry chemicals, solvent and spotting chemicals as instructed
· Mark all items for laundering paying attention to room numbers and sequences
· Pay particular attention to any items requiring pre-wash soaking
· Weigh all laundry prior to loading into machines
· Use laundry equipment as instructed and maintain them in a proper state of cleanliness
· Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and accomplish daily tasks as instructed
· Report to supervisors any stained or torn guest and staff laundry before beginning process of cleaning. Also report any items left in pockets or any jewelry on clothing
· Ensure all guest requests and instructions are adhered to. E.g. fold in trousers. Light starch, shirt folded etc.
· Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
· Present guest and staff laundry as instructed
· Adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
· Attend meetings and training sessions as required
· Carry out valet services as needed including delivery of linen
· Average reading, writing and oral proficiency in English
· Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
· Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
· Secondary education
· Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity in the hospitality industry.
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Raffles Makkah Palace. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Living & Working at Raffles Makkah Palace: Satisfying our Guests is important to us, and we extend these values to our colleagues as well. We offer competitive salaries, top market service charge, gratuities, quality medical benefits and furnished accommodation. It is important to note that there are currently no income taxes in the Saudi Arabia! Raffles Makkah Palace offers you an unparalleled opportunity to provide top-tier hospitality and spiritual service to visitors of the holiest city in the world for Muslims. To find out more, please visit the following sites:
Ahlan Wa Sahlan, Welcome to Makkah
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles Makkah Palace we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 18.Jan.2017, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: RMH00049