United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Security, Security Officer
Security Officer Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai Employee Status : Regular
About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai’s best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey. Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises twelve luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world. If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as : Secuirty Officer Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To establish chain of command and responsibility, the LPO shall be held directly responsible to the Shift Duty Security Supervisor, Assistant Operations Manager, Assistant Director and Director of Security.
- Perform duties according to the Duty Roster prepared by the Director of Security or in his absence, the Assistant Director of Security. The Security Officer may be deployed at any of the following Duty Posts as enumerated thereafter: Security Control Room Duty, Lobby Duty, Loading Bay, Patrolling or Observation Duty, Back of House, VIP Parking Or at any position where operations in Security field will benefit
- When on duty, the LPO shall adopt the “Service Oriented” approach in discharging of its duties in order to functions harmoniously with the concept of the Hotel as a place of hospitality
- To exercise flexibility to maintain a balance between effectiveness and unobstructiveness;
- To promote the “gentlemen” rather the “officer” image for the security service;
- To act for and on behalf of the Hotelkeeper on security matters;
- To protect the safety of guests, staff, their properties and those belonging to the Hotel;
- Assisting other Department in rendering services to the customers so as to maintain or enhance the services provided other than his primary security duties;
- To act as a host of the hotel by personally welcoming arriving guests and bidding farewell to departing guests;
- To greet guests and offer assistance;
- To lead guests whenever possible if they are uncertain of the location within the Hotel premises;
- To inform and sell other hotel facilities to all visitors of the Hotel.
- Protect the hotel guests and keep the peace by
- Monitoring any undesirable elements to ensure that they do not harass, harm or embarrass the hotel guests;
- Take appropriate action to defuse any outbreak of violence or commotion within the Hotel premises;
- Intelligence gathering, from within and without the hotel of the identities and activities (modus operandi) of undesirable elements.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understanding and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Secondary school education
- Minimum 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role is desirable in a 5 star hotel .