Full job details
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is a collection of award-winning luxury hotels located in vibrant destinations around the world. Unique with its own distinct personality, each Raffles hotel distinguishes itself with the highest standards of product and service. The Raffles Story started in 1887 in Singapore. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey.
We offer excellent career development and growth opportunities for our colleagues who are thoughtful and welcoming, charming and graceful and provide emotional luxury to our residents and patrons every day. The stunning 19-storey pyramid that rises up in the heart of Dubai, is Raffles Dubai, an oasis for the well-travelled.
Raffles Dubai promises the exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles name and enhanced by Arabian hospitality values.
The essence of the experience lies in its 252 opulent Suites, the largest in the city, 9 exquisite Food & Beverage outlets and the indulging Raffles Spa. A unique, one-hectare 'Raffles Botanical Garden', depicting the four 'Elements of Life' (Earth, Wind, Fire and Water) also promises to enchant all visitors. If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as : Laundry Attendant Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Process laundry by either washing, dry cleaning or pressing
- Follow procedures for the above processes as established by the Laundry Manager
- Carefully use of laundry chemicals, solvent and spotting chemicals as instructed
- Mark all items for laundering paying attention to room numbers and sequences
- Pay particular attention to any items requiring pre-wash soaking
- Weigh all laundry prior to loading into machines
- Use laundry equipment as instructed and maintain them in a proper state of cleanliness
- Attend daily briefings with Supervisor and accomplish daily tasks as instructed
- Report to supervisors any stained or torn guest and staff laundry before beginning process of cleaning. Also report any items left in pockets or any jewelry on clothing
- Ensure all guest requests and instructions are adhered to. E.g. fold in trousers. Light starch, shirt folded etc.
- Ensure working area is kept clean and organized
- Present guest and staff laundry as instructed
- Adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Carry out valet services as needed including delivery of linen
• Previous experience in Housekeeping an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps