POSITION TITLE: RESERVATION MANAGER
REPORTS: DIRECTOR OF SALES & MARKETING
POSITION SUMMARY :
Supervising General Job Performance of reservation staff implementing of policies and procedures under guidance of Director of Sales & Marketing, training, responsible and perform any other duties might requested by General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing or Room Division Manager.
- Having knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure according to international hotel standards.
- Responsible for Hotel and Local Reservations and Reservation - Links to Synxis.
- Handling of correspondences – fax, telephone and emails.
- Allocate daily tasks to Reservations staff.
- Review reservations booked daily.
- Review arrival report daily.
- Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast.
- Responsible for training staff.
- Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for recording Company/Travel Agent Rates both in system and correspondence file.
- Liase with Sales Department in regards to occupancy, Rates Reservation's Analysis.
- Identify Top Producing Accounts ensure proper recognition by Reservation staff.
- Responsible for various production reports and supply to each department concerned.
- Monitoring Telephone Manner and general performance of reservations staff daily.
- Ensure special handling of repeats guest and very VIP guest.
- Review room blocking for Long Stay. Villas and special group request.
- Supervising of Group Reservations.
- Maintain cordial relations with commercial clients.
- Bring to the attention Rooms Division Manager when the hotel availability status be changed and prepare for necessary action.
- Responsible for work schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining a Neat and Orderly position at all times.
- In general, perform any other duties might requested by General Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing or Room Division Manager.
- Assisting the Director of Sales & Marketing in setting rates, special promotions and packages.
- Maintaining the in-house reservations systems.
- Forecasting revenue streams.
- Maintain and evaluate statistical information for tracking and decision-making purposes.
- Achieve budgeted targets for the department with emphasis on maintaining previously agreed upon quality and service standards.
- Ensure agents are using proper selling techniques and strategies thus maximizing revenue generation and contribution.
- Resolve internal & external customer complaints, respond to enquiries and troubleshoot as necessary.
- Develop, implement and evaluate policies and procedures that improve efficiency and effectiveness of our Reservations Centre.
- Chair weekly reservations management meetings to identify business cycles and strategies to deal with the same. Distribute updated information and results of meeting to key team members.
Experience : Minimum 3 years’ experience as Reservation supervisor or Asst. Manager on a reputed hotel. Graduation from an accredited college or university in an appropriate curriculum and considerable experience related to this class of work including some supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in either Opera or Fidelio. Must have excellent command of the English language and good computer skills. Must be a well-organized person with a good sense of humor and proven decision making abilities. Familiarity with Revenue Management principles will be helpful but not necessary. Applicants are required to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and night schedule as necessary. Experienced with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) Must be able to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.