General Technician /Handyman (Office Tower)
Successful Candidates required:
Air-conditioning and refrigeration or electrical or civil or mechanical
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
· Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards anticipate and address guests.
· Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
· Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
· Check for new maintenance requests from the PMS (Property Management System) and update remarks once the task is completed.
· Update the Hot Sos job request system
· Ability to interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
· Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
· Ability to work under pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
· Ability to focus attention on details, speed, and accuracy.
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
· Ability to ensure the security of guest room access and hotel property.
· Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
· Perform maintenance activities in the guest room such as unblocking toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, AC servicing and AC ducts.
· Perform maintenance activities in hotel and office tower like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and mechanical items.
· Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
· Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
· To clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel.
· To operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
· To be available for any emergencies and act in engineering capacity to protect guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
· To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
· Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
· Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
· Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
· Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor or Assistant Engineering Manager