Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The Commis 2 is responsible for preparing food in their assigned section in order to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds guests’ expectations whilst adhering to service standards. To produce the highest possible food quality in own section. All production is carried out in line with appropriate food portion control, use of recipes, Kempinski Hotel corporate guidelines, and service concepts.
- Prepares and properly garnishes food orders as they are received in accordance with recipes and proper plate presentation
- Sets up for lunch and dinner according to Chef de Parties instruction
- Sets up “mis-en-place” for own station
- Uses Chef de Partie as a resource to ensure seasoning, portions, and appearance of food
- Ensures that food from own station is delivered on time; asks for help if needed
- Refers to station’s file regarding preparation, cooking and presentation specifications of all dishes produced in the section
- Confers closely with the Chef de Partie and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of his or her position
- Progressive experience of 2 – 3 years within a 5 Star Hotel environment, preferably 1 – 2 years of experience in similar position.
- Knowledge of international cuisine is advantage
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days