Waiter/ess - Coffee Shop (New & Healthy Concept) - Jumeirah Restaurants Group
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Restaurants Group Dubai (JRG Dubai) a global restaurant management company that creates, operates and franchises a portfolio of 60 restaurants. JRG Dubai operates home-grown high-end, premium casual and casual dining venues and lounges, including Pierchic, Tortuga, Pai Thai, 360° and The Noodle House, which comprises a portfolio of 23 branches worldwide.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for young, trendy, passionate and talented Waiter/Waitress to join a fresh, young and new concept to be located at Jumeirah Emirates Towers and opening early 2017. In this role you will be required to achieve and maintain a high level of customer service. You will work closely with FOH and BOH colleagues.
Your main duties will include:
- Has a natural smile and willingness to look after guests
- Has a personable and shining personality.
- Can hold an interesting conversation.
- Customer Service- Is trained to deliver a good standard of customer service and maintains or exceeds that standard.
- Has a full understanding and can when asked explain the brand concept, history and vision.
- Has completed basic food hygiene and works in a safe and hygienic manner at all times.
- Completes his/her own probationary and appraisal paper work as required
- Communicates to managers any issues immediately.
- Engages with colleagues and were necessary customers at all times
- Has a good working knowledge of all products.
- Ensures that all side duties and cleaning schedules are completed as per daily checklists
- Understand and can explain the brand audit and its purpose
- Ensures that problems are brought to manager and/or team leaders attention immediately.
- Can independently operate the cashier system as per the company standards.
- Can run food and communicate with the kitchen with confidence.
- Can take a take away order as per the brand standard. Can package an order for take away or home delivery.
- Can communicate any out of stock items, can inform manager or team leader when stocks are running low.
- Attending all training as required by the business.
- Is able to make simple decisions that effect their own work or the customers experience in a positive manner.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have an Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management with a minimum of 1 year of experience in a Waiter/Waitress role with a standalone/branded restaurants genuine interest in food and service.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written).