Guest Services Executive - Front Office - Mina A' Salam - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
The purpose of this role is to anticipate and meet guests' needs and requests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction as well as recognise all repeat and VIP guests.
Being in this role, you will:
- Prepare next day's VIP arrival list, along with amenities requisition.
- Check arrival list for the following day, allocate rooms for VIP guests and guests with special requests.
- Order and ensure timely delivery of amenities for all arrivals and in-house VIP and suite guests.
- Inspect the rooms of all VIP and suite guests prior to their arrival at the hotel.
- Cover shifts on the guest services desk in accordance with duty roster.
- Cover shifts on lobby duty in accordance with duty roster (these duties will include the welcoming and rooming of arriving VIP and suite guests).
- Attend to special requests made by VIP and suite guests prior to, during or after their stay.
- Print and action guest services trace report.
- Escort arriving guests to their rooms whenever possible after the registration procedure has been completed at the front desk or at the Executive Club / Premier Leisure Club reception.
- Meet and escort guests to their rooms after arriving from the airport having completed the registration procedures at the airport reception.
- Assist in Club Executive and Premium Leisure Club as required.
- Carry out courtesy calls to VIPs and suites.
- Support managers at the airport to meet VIP guests.
- Provide tours of the hotel and its facilities as requested.
- Assist guests with general inquiries about the hotel and its facilities, as well as daily events and functions.
- Assist with group registration when required.
- Ensure the guest relations desk is covered at all times.
- Prepare a VIP guest list for next day's arrival.
- Prepare the daily guest amenity list and distribute it to the respective department.
- Print and distribute guest remarks report.
- Check the previous night's no shows and pull out amenities accordingly.
- Prepare and distribute the daily guest feedback report.
- Prepare and distribute the daily guest amenity list.
- Update and maintain guest history files.
- Prepare welcome letters for all VIP guests.
- Prepare special letters (i.e. Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon etc).
- A minimum of 3 years guest service experience in a 5 star hotel
- Secondary School Degree (Minimum)
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Applications as well as Front Office Applications (Opera)
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues
- Fluently written and spoken English
- Enthusiastic about the role and a great team player
- Multilingual are preferred