Executive Sous Chef for a Leading Global Luxury Hotel Group - Maldives
Full job details
A beautiful, remotely located 5* resort with more than 100 rooms and villas requires an Executive Sous Chef who will report to the property’s Executive Chef. This resort is part of one of the most luxurious Global Hotel Groups in the world and offers a fantastic opportunity to join their exclusive team and further develop your already strong culinary career.
The Executive Sous Chef will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the resort’s 8 Food and Beverage outlets and to assist the Executive Chef with all the functions of the kitchens, restaurants and bars.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- You are responsible for the complete satisfaction of both your customers and staff alike
- Under the responsibility of the Executive Chef, you are responsible for the perfect functioning of all of the kitchens in accordance with the standards in force and with the objectives set.
- You supervise the quality of the services and you ensure high quality foods while respecting all hygiene and corporate standards
- You assist the Executive Chef and help to create the visions, objectives and menus for all outlets
- You possess strong financial skills and awareness and you control and manage the kitchen’s equipment as well as the inventory, food costs and ordering of all food and beverage items
- You minimize loss of foods and goods and monitor the quality of all products, ensuring all suppliers meet the highest standards and adhere to all contracted terms
- You are responsible for monitoring and managing all staff to meet the highest standards of service and exceed the expectations of the guest and the brand
- You show initiative and creativity in the development of your team and encourage your employees to continually exceed the culinary standards of the company; ensuring there is strong team unity and a supportive work environment
- Must travel Single Status
- Must possess a European Passport
- It is mandatory for the Executive Sous Chef to have remote island experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience on a similar function in a luxury establishment
- Team spirit, organization, flexibility and management experience of a diverse workforce will be major assets for this post
- Base Salary is $3,200 USD NET per month plus added service charge
- Rest & Relaxation allowance of up to 3 trips per year
- Annual Flight Ticket back to place of Hire
- Health Coverage is provided
- Single furnished accommodations are provided
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages are provided
- Free Wi fi is provided
- Access provided to excellent sports facilities and employee Lounge
If you are interested in this role and you meet ALL of the above requirements, please send your resume in WORD format through to:
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, only those that meet all of the client’s requirements and expectations will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.