Repairs and Maintenance Engineer - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Do you see yourself as a Repairs and Maintenance Engineer?
What's your passion? Whether you're into gardening, swimming or karate, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. This challenging position has overall responsibility for Managing a shift project, or aspect of maintenance/engineering operations which may include scheduling employees, assigning daily work and projects, training and coaching employees, and inspecting work for quality and productivity.
Crowne Plaza® Doha – The Business Park is 378 stylish rooms and suites, with six restaurants and bars: Aramede - an Arabic - Mediterranean all day dining theatre, Rodizio - fine Churrascaria dining, Misturado - a Brazilian bar, Savor - an elegant lounge, Liquidity - a lively rooftop pool bar and relax in privacy at the Executive Lounge. The five star business hotel in Qatar places you in the heart of one of Doha's key business districts, close to major banks and firms. It is just a 15-minute drive by car from Doha's Hamad International Airport.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Assures implementation of the hotel policies, standards and procedure for:
o Energy conservation and control.
o Fire prevention and other life safety programs.
o Effective plant preventive and routine maintenance.
o Operation and control of Plant and equipment.
o Energy management systems and procedures.
o Maintains logbook for repairs and maintenance work.
o Inspection and staff supervision.
o POMEC labour standards and labour cost controls.
o Appearance and housekeeping of all equipment rooms.
2. Responsible for the proper organization and functioning of the energy management function of the POMEC Department.
3. Determines optimal operating efficiencies and take necessary corrective measures when variances from standards are excessive through logs and utility data.
4. Supports and initiate programmes for the improvement procedures and the reduction of energy and utility costs.
5. Responsible to implement and maintain effective Building Maintenance Programme.
6. Recommends to the Assistant Chief Engineer, new policies and procedures for a more economical operation and maintenance programme.
7. Participates in the preparation of the annual POMEC Budget
8. Reviews proposed capital expenditure authorization requests (CEA) forms pertaining to POMEC, and makes appropriate recommendations.
9. Attends engineering departmental meetings.
10. Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
11. Ensures the smooth operation of equipment and machinery.
12. Maintains an equipment and machinery record system for the property.
13. Participates in conducting fire prevention training programmes.
14. Determines programmes for routine plant preventive maintenance and its implementation.
15. Ensures Hotel repair and maintenance order system is in accordance with IHG policy and procedure.
16. Supports and initiates programmes for the improvement in procedures on the Environment and reduction of the Energy and utility cost to control global warming.
17. Responsible for ensuring that the supplied uniform is clean and in good repair. Unless it is an emergency ensure a clean and tidy appearance before entering a Guest area and if necessary, change into a clean uniform.
18. Responsible for assisting other personnel in emergencies and for carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Assistant Chief Engineer and according to the needs of the Department.
PLACE OF WORK- Holiday Inn Doha – The Business Park - The Company may temporarily post you to another IHG hotel /department/ Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park after discussing the suitability and domestic arrangements with you. You may on occasion be required to travel both in Qatar and overseas in connection with the employment.
Requirements include some college or advanced vocational training plus two years of experience in general building maintenance and/or construction including R&M Engineer(Laundry and Kitchen) experience,or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel maintenance and supervisory experience is preferred as is a professional certification and license if required by law.
You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying, lifting pushing and/or pulling items weighing up to 100-300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and crawling.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support and life insurance support. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V