General Cashier cum Storekeeper
Full job details
ABOUT THE SOFITEL DUBAI DOWNTOWN:
The Sofitel Dubai Downtown is a brand new hotel blending Sofitel’s passion for excellence and French art de vivre. A magnificent addition to the five star luxury scene of Dubai, it is located in the heart of Downtown. The hotel features 350 rooms & suites, restaurants & bars and 14 meeting rooms. Breathtaking views of Burj Khalifa & the coastline, everything literally at your doorstep, Sofitel Dubai Downtown is the choice hotel of discerned travelers.
Apply for a unique opportunity to be a part of this Magnifique Brand !
The General Cashier as ambassador of Sofitel Dubai Downtown is required to actively promote the quality image of the company and the hotel at every opportunity.
As a General Cashier your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- To collect, with an assigned witness, all Front Office and Food & Beverage remittance envelopes from the drop-safe and to verify them against the Daily Cash Envelop Drop Sheet maintained at the location of cash envelop drop safe.
- To count, in presence of a witness, cash, cheques and credit card vouchers and verify them with the Front Office and Food & Beverage computerized remittance report details.
- To prepare bank deposits of all cheques and cash, and to ensure that all cash collections are deposited intact.
- To obtain daily foreign exchange rates from approved FX agency and to forward them to Income Auditor for updating in the PMS system.
- To disburse petty cash requests those have been approved by the Director of Finance and prepare Daily Summary of Disbursements.
- To count and balance his/her own house bank and prepare the recapitulation daily.
- To prepare the General Cashier’s Daily Report by entering the day’s detailed cash collections and all other payments received for review and completion by both Income Auditor and Finance Manager or Asst. Finance Manager.
- To prepare such cash and foreign exchange control reports as may be required by local law.
- To ensure that cash advances are made only if they have the approval of both the General Manager and the Director of Finance.
- To assist, when required, in carrying out surprise cash counts.
- To assist to follow up on all the drafts being sent for clearing to the bank and liaise with the Assistant Director of Finance for any outstanding on hand.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division or any other Department of the hotel as assigned.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To provide Front Office Clerks and Food & Beverage Clerks with required change and to anticipate and plan for extra change for long week-ends or holidays.
- To reimburse Front Office Clerks for disbursements made by them (due backs).
- To assist in the training of the employees ensuring that they have the necessary skill e.g. in identifying forged bank notes, verifying the checks and credit cards, to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency.
We are looking to appoint a General Cashier for the stunning 5* Sofitel Dubai Downtown who thrives in a high pressured and rewarding team environment and is looking for a career with a hospitality leader.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, caring, dedicated individual with good cross cultural sensitivity and the willingness to put in an extra effort and time when required, as well as the passion to serve customers. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
- Previous experience in similar position in the hospitality industry.
- At least 1 year experience at same level.
- Good command of English
Selected candidates will be contacted within 5-7 working days