Convention Sales Manager - InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Full job details
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Located in the business and leisure hub of the city, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guests the perfect location from where to explore the exciting face of Manama.
The hotel offers 321 spacious rooms including 3 Club floors and 31 luxurious suites. Each room is designed to meet the needs and the expectations of the modern traveler.
From sophisticated dining experiences to a taste of traditional romance, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guest new tastes and unique gourmet treats. With a wide selection of dining options ranging from international, Italian, steakhouse and lounges, InterContinental Regency Bahrain promises to delight your palate.
As Convention Sales Manager, you will manage the convention sales plan and implement tactics to achieve budget. Sell all facets of the hotel and cross sell other InterContinental Hotels Group properties. Establish new business and maintain existing business accounts through the preparation and execution of action plans. Monitor competitive set and communicate tactical changes to the Director of Sales & Marketing or Assistant.
Also, as Convention Sales Manager, you will be responsible for managing and motivating your team. You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy. You will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance and service delivery.
In return we'll give you a generous financial and benefits package including accommodation, free meals on duty hotel discounts worldwide and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written. Other languages would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years in sales (conventions, conferences, wedding, etc.) preferably in the Middle East with proven track record
- At least 3 years 5-star hotel experience as Convention Sales Manager or similar role
- Preferably with IHG experience