Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
Food & Beverage
• Escorts guests to their tables
• Controls the standards of quality and presentation of the food & beverage items being served to his/her customers.
• Should always be attentive of his guests and anticipate any guest’s need, whenever possible.
• Greets the guests at their table and takes orders for aperitifs. Should be able to suggest different types of drinks and items from the wine list to the guests.
• Serves the necessary to the table, and ensures that bread, butter, etc. are not insufficient at the table.
• Takes care of collecting orders for food & beverages in his/her assigned tables/area. Should be able to give suggestions about dishes in the menu, and know the ingredients and preparation of the items in the menu.
• Sets up the table in accordance with the order taken, and respecting the company’s standards of service.
• Ensures that the proper order for serving guests is respected, and that no guest will have to wait for his order longer than expected.
• Changes ashtrays from the guests’ table frequently, following company’s standards of procedure.
• Prepares coffee machine and prepares the “mise-en-place” of his/her station, and ensures that at the end of his turn, his work area is prepared for the next shift.
• Represents the Supervisor in case of absence.
• Ensures that trays, counters, storage space, and fridges in his station(s) are always kept clean and are refilled when necessary.
• Ensures that linen is kept clean, well ironed, well stocked, and that the necessary amounts are always available in his/her station(s).
• Prepares special orders.
• Prepares the various packages needed.
• Takes care of the sale and preparation of take away items.
• Participates in trainings and personal & group development activities proposed. Coordinates with the Headwaiter to conduct training, etc.
• Controls work schedules to determine when and where he/she will work.
• Supervises execution of side jobs by bus boys and other restaurant personnel. Supervises the appropriate placement of equipment, etc. at the end of the service, and that the closing of the outlet is done following the set procedures.
• Helps his/her colleagues in different service duties when necessary.
• Always has a smile and is courteous and pleasant with the guests.
• Ensures that every guest receives full attention in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Must have an open personality and very good communication skills to provide guests with the best service.
• Exercises diplomacy when dealing with guests. Must maintain good public relations with customers and colleagues.
• Ensures that the “debarasage” of his station is done in a proper manner: all glasses should be placed in the opposite racks as instructed by his/her supervisor.
• Is familiar with all aspects of the hotel, including emergency procedures, fire alarm system, computer systems (Micros, etc.).
• Ensures to be aware of the provisions of Health & Safety regulations according to UAE laws and regulations.
• Keeps himself/herself updated at all times on new standards and company or hotel procedures.
• Adapts his/her shifts to hotel needs, may have to work split shifts.
• Participates to in-house and external staff gatherings and activities.
• Performs any additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisor.
• Attends to daily service briefings with staff, and to communication meetings, when required.
• Maintains appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance and posture of departmental employees.
Supportive Functions (Property specific):
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the Front Office team
• Strong communication with the Kitchen, Events and Front Office
• Key relationships with Kitchen, Front Office, Housekeeping, Events and other F&B areas.
• Key relationships within the Hotel to ensure customer expectations are met/exceeded at all times.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Property specific):
• Knowledge of all food & beverage procedures, standards, quality presentation, service, products and local health & sanitation standards.
Qualification Standards (Property specific):
• To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
• To work in compliance with all legal and Sheraton policies and procedures (ie: Licensing Laws, Cash Handling).
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times
• Holder of basic Food Hygiene certificate
• To report any incidents and accidents to the Restaurant/Bar Manager / Duty Manager and prepare Incident/Accident reports as necessary.
Education (Property specific):
• College level / Hotel degree
Experience (Property specific):
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a restaurant or any F&B outlets required.