Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
- Daily supervision of Housekeeping Attendants to ensure the delivery of our standards.
- Focus on communicating to team and attending training and coaching.
- Gain perfect knowledge of the operations of the hotel. What, Where and When it is going on.
- Monitor and prepare task assignments for the morning of room Attendant and public areas. Prepare turn down reports.
- Communication skills as will need to communicate with key departments for the operation, and with guest and different members of the HSK department.
- Follow up special request from guest.
- Control and supervise every day the area allocated in which the Assistant Housekeeping Manager will have direct control.
- Ready to rotate In different areas and shifts of the housekeeping department.
- Able to work in high cleaning of the rooms and public areas.
- Conduct every day buzz meeting with HSK. staff.
- Follow up Lost Property, laundry guest, special guest request, flower orders and so one.
- Hands on person that leads by example.
- Has previous experience as Sr. Housekeeping Supervisor / leading a large multi cultural team (100 team members) in an international 5 start hotel with an inventory 500 rooms above.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities, multi lingual is an advantage.
- Computer literacy and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
- Previous GCC experience is an advantage.