Junior I.T Support
Junior I.T Support Technician
Decent salary and Benefits
Mondrian Doha, opening in late 2016, brings the up-all-night intensity, energy and Sunset Strip vibe of the original Hollywood Mondrian to the West Bay Lagoon neighborhood of Doha, capital city of Qatar.
Mondrian Doha will buzz with the instant gratification, the perfect provocative moment, perpetual possibility and confident cool that Mondrian is known for worldwide. Mondrian’s famous lobby scene, the soul of the hotel, will recreate the see-and-be-seen vibe of the original and will be the place to meet for a cocktail and intense mingling.
This is an Exciting opportunity to join our pre opening Team at Doha. Mondrian Doha will be Morgans Hotel first Hotel in the Middle East, with more in the pipeline. We are a luxury lifestyle brand, and we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, enthusiastic and energetic professional.
Under the general guidance of the Director of Information Technology, provides I.T support for the guests & users. Provides assistance and support with solving all IT related issues in the hotel. Help in configuration and setup of workstations, applications, , printers and other IT services in the hotel. Assist the I.T team in ensuring that all IT Systems have the highest level of confidentiality, Integrity & security.
Duties & Functions:
- Attend to all tasks as assigned by the I.T Director or I.T Specialist
- Assist the I.T team in setup, configuration and training of I.T hardware & application software.
- Provide support to users in their daily operations.
- Provide support to guests in rooms, meeting spaces and business centers
- Help unpack and setup computers, monitors, Micros POS workstations, printers etc and deploy them to the designated locations in fully working condition.
- Troubleshoot problems in Office Automation applications & other Hotel systems.
- Always ensure that I.T controls, standards and procedures are followed while performing all activities, and that other users are doing the same.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly checks as pr escribed in the periodic checklists.
- Communicate status, risks and opportunities to the I.T Director.
- Assist with periodic inventory of IT equipment & stores.
- Ensure support calls are logged & closed within the Help desk system.
- Should be available 24 hours on call.
- Perform all other duties as required by the I.T Team
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- At least one year of experience in a hotel or a related industry
- Advanced I.T Diploma or equivalent.
- CCNA / MCSE certifications preferred.
- Candidates should be young, humble, honest, patient, keen, enthusiastic & energetic - The right attitude is as important as the right skills.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
- As a pre-opening hotel, the candidate would be required to work in dusty and tight / closed environments periodically while troubleshooting issues. Also would be required to climb up a ladder sometimes to check cabling and WiFi access points.
- Candidates would be required to help in lifting reasonably heavy objects such as servers, TV sets, amplifiers etc.
- Candidates would be required to unpack several cardboard boxes containing computers, monitors, POS workstations etc and assembling, installing and deploying them in various locations all over the hotel.
- Candidates applying for this job should be flexible enough to work extra hours during the pre-opening period as and when required.