A Restaurant Host/Hostess is responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while working to achieve departmental targets.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Restaurant Host/Hostess, you are responsible for seating guests and managing table set-ups to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Restaurant Host/Hostess will also be required to work in all areas of Food and Beverage and strive to achieve departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Welcome guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Coordinate seating for customers
- Up-sell with latest departmental incentives
- Manage table set-ups
- Able to work in all areas of Food and Beverage including Bar, Restaurant, Room Service and Conference and Events
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Strive to achieve departmental targets
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Comply with local licensing laws
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
A Restaurant Host/Hostess serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous Food and Beverage and/or industry experience
- Experience with cash handling
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations