Linen Attendant (Saudi Only)
Full job details
“a passion for perfection” Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Swissôtel Makkah description : Swissôtel Makkah is Swissôtel’s first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture. As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissôtel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque. Swissôtel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business center. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as Hotel Description - mandatory) (Outlet/Department description – optional) Linen Attendant Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Linen Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- The ability to follow payroll and key sign-out procedures.
- The ability to keep all linen neat organized and cleaned.
- The ability to clean linen room & trolleys.
- The ability to inventory and maintain the cleanliness of all linen closets and empty trash.
- The ability to assist the room attendants with necessary needed linen.
- The ability to resupply linen items in the linen closet and stores daily, as well as The ability to deliver and pick-up soiled linen items.
- The ability to assist the housekeepers by removing the soiled linen from the chute room in each floor.
- The ability to deliver linen from the laundry to the floors, including Housekeeping pantries.
- The ability to maintain the cleanliness of the service elevator areas.
- The ability to offer assistance to guests when requested or needed.
- The ability to identify stained linen and separate.The ability to identify torn linen and separate.
- The ability to maintain a daily production record and report linen abuse.
- The ability to be familiar with linen sizes and classifications.
- The ability to report any maintenance deficiencies to linen room operation.
- The ability to employ proper use and maintenance of all equipment and supplies.
- The ability to complete any project assigned by the Director or Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- The ability to respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position:
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending of stairs and ramps
The Hotel currently is unable to apply for work visa for this position. The position is open to only Saudis or candidates having transferrable Iqama.
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 06.Jan.2017, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: SMK00298