Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi, one of the city’s most elegant and luxurious hotels and an iconic architectural landmark.
Recently transformed with a comprehensive renovation and refurbishment, Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi is the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
It is ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s commercial district, yet only a short walk from the shopping districts and the shimmering sands of the Corniche.
In conjunction with the leadership, this position is responsible for maximizing rooms / F&B / Conference & Banqueting and outside catering business from a defined account base while continuously pursuing new business opportunities.
Proactively uncovering new prospects for the Hotel, and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotels’ budgetary goals.
This position requires a high degree of self motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
Representing Starwood Hotels worldwide promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for the property.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives. Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the Hotel and Starwood properties worldwide and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• To maintain superior levels of sales activity in line with the expectations of leadership.
• Assisting the pro-active sales team in securing G&E related business when needed.
• Continuously act as a lead generator to the sales team.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the system is utilised to its full capacity.
• Maintain up-to-date activity for each account. To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• If asked, to attend any trade fairs as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Hotel.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the G&E Sales plan of the Hotel and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Under the direction (and working with) of sales leadership, to take responsibility for the delivery of the annual G&E sales planning process and action plans.
• To actively support the reactive G&E sales team to assist them to carry out their roles effectively.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• To take responsibility for the compilation and execution of quarterly sales action plans as agreed with sales leadership.
• To arrange and manage site inspections in line with business needs.
• Participate in Sales strategies and take responsibility for agreed projects, such as direct Sales, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns.
• Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates and communicating to Events Managers for further follow up.
• To take lead in the execution of G&E related events in the hotel.
• To act as support and guidance for the operational F&B team in conjunction with G&E.
• Minimum of 1 year in similar position.
• Superior analytical skills required.
• Travel Industry experience a plus.
• Experience in off-line Sales a plus.