Technician - Carpenter - Madinat Jumeirah
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting role has arisen in the Engineering Department at Madinat Jumeirah for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to carry out skilled maintenance repairs.
Your main duties will include:
- To carry out repairs, maintenance and installation to all related plant and equipment.
- To complete work orders, PPMs, CWAs as directed.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organise work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise supervisor colleagues promptly of any problems on failures.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues of any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Read and understand basic drawings
- To use mechanical test equipment and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 2 years experience as Technician (Plumber) in a 5 star hotel or 3 years in a general Engineering services. You must have a certificate/diploma or degree in Engineering and excellent command of English language. You must have knowledge in FLS, High-rise building and work order systems.