Assistant Chief Engineer
Al Raha Beach Hotel - Abu Dhabi, 38616 UAE (Primary)
Full job details
Al Raha Beach Hotel
Al Raha Beach Hotel - Abu Dhabi, 38616 UAE (Primary)
Engineering, Chief Engineer
Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance of the Chief Engineer ensure the smooth operation and efficiency of the Engineering Department. To direct, control, co-ordinate and participate in all areas and activities of the department and to ensure that the hotel standards of service and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
1. Maintain tight control of daily supply of general items and spot check the usage of these items to prevent wastage/pilferage.
2. Coordinates with Purchasing Department on market price comparison and testing of new products to be purchased.
3. To liaise daily with:
- Front Office on daily arrival and departure patterns for proper allocation of work especially during high season.
- Housekeeping on house maintenance.
- Food & Beverage on preparations for banquets and conventions, etc., in order to maintain our standard of safety to its highest level.
4. Recommends changes or more efficient use of mechanical equipment, tests numerous products and equipment, new and those in use, to determine adaptability and suitability.
5. To make recommendations where necessary to upgrade systems within the Engineering Department.
6. Maintain the Equipment Data Card System Records for all the equipment within the hotel in order to safe guard all warranties, vendors, costs details and history.
7. Maintain the Preventive Maintenance Program for:
- Mechanical equipment and systems.
- Electrical equipment and systems
- Fire & safety systems
- Civil & structural aspects and furniture
- Audio & visual equipment and systems
8. Conducts periodic inspection tours to check work progress and condition of building and equipment.
9. Confers with outside contractors on installations and repairs, coordinating their work with department colleagues.
10. Responsible for hotel refurbishment, including furniture, drapery repair or replacement.
11. To demonstrate the 12 Service Excellence Basics and ensure that all Engineering colleagues follow the same.
12. To keep up to date on the latest technologies in the market.
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities:
13. Is fully conversant with all aspects of the hotel?s EHS Management System.
14. Is an active committee member of all related EHS committees.
15. Attends all required TCA Abu Dhabi meetings, presentation, trainings, workshops etc. in relation to EHS.
16. Working in conjunction with the Chief Engineer and the hotel?s EHS appointed person ensures all EHS regulations are fully implemented in all departments and strictly adhered to at all times.
17. With the Chief Engineer On a monthly basis analyses the hotel?s energy consumption to ensure compliance to TCA Abu Dhabi EHSMS KPI?s. Makes recommendations on ways to reduce energy consumption without affecting service or productivity.
18. Ensures that all hotel colleagues receive the necessary training and information relating to emergency management procedures:
- Bomb threat
- Gas leak
- And other potential threats
19. Working with the local authorities conducts hotel evacuation drills as per requirements.
20. Working in conjunction with the Chief Engineer and the hotel?s EHS appointed person ensures that all hotel colleagues receive the necessary awareness training on safe practice techniques whilst carrying out their daily responsibilities.
21. Conducts regular tool-box topic talks within own department as part of the EHSMS requirements and as instructed by the Chief Engineer.
22. Provides performance evaluations as required, regarding colleague probation periods, annual performance reviews, promotion or transfer consideration and salary reviews.
23. Regularly solicits feedback from supervisors on colleague performance as well as making personal observations.
24. Working in conjunction with the Chief Engineer establishes comprehensive training programmes for the department as well as the whole hotel.
25. Evaluates departmental training sessions.
26. Personally conducts training for hotel colleagues.
27. Ensures outside contractors/laborers are given the necessary training/briefing on safe practice whilst working within hotel premises.
28. Assists the Chief Engineer to compile the yearly capital expenditure plan including the property maintenance and utilities budget.
29. To monitor and control expenses to keep in line with budget. To look for more cost effective solutions to manage expenses and reduce energy consumption.
30. To ensure disposal of assets is according to hotel policy and procedures and to ensure all items are beyond repair.
31. Attends all required management meetings.
32. With the Chief Engineer conducts monthly Engineering meetings to review:
- Ongoing projects
- Future projects
- Preventative maintenance schedules
- FSMS related issues
- EHSMS related issues
- Other issues as required
33. Conducts daily briefing which will include:
- Important hotel / division / section information
- Emphasised current priorities, new problems, services and product
- Daily guest feedback
- Banquet daily events of the day
34. Attends daily Department Head's morning briefing in absence of the Chief Engineer and shares information with department heads on Engineering activities.
35. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained for all colleagues within the Engineering department.
36. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
37. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Chief Engineer.
Competencies & Skills
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & friendly
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Intermediate Knowledge of Building Operation & Maintenance
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Advanced knowledge of Building Operation & Maintenance
Advanced Spoken and Written English
Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Masters Degree in Engineering
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 3-Years Experience as an Engineering Supervisor or Equivalent in 5 Star Hotels
Minimum of 3-Years Experience as an Engineering Supervisor or Equivalent Chief Engineer in 5 Star Hotels in the GCC