Bar Manager (preferably European )
Full job details
Located in the heart of the city, the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai is just 10 minutes from Dubai International Airport and the World Trade Centre, in close proximity to the luxurious Wafi City and Jumeirah Beach. Direct access to city expressways ensures that Media City and the Jebel Ali Free Trade Zone are a mere 25 minute drive from the hotel.
All 255 rooms and suites and 57 luxurious city apartments are fully equipped with satellite TV, safe deposit boxes, wifi access, minibar, telephone with direct-dial facilities and data ports.
Reporting directly to the Director of Food & Beverage, you will be responsible for assisting with the overall management of the bar outlet/s in accordance with the hotel standards.
- Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff
- Assist in the maintenance of the service area and equipment
- Always take responsibility for ensuring a positive guest experience
- Take ownership of guest request and follow up guests incidences
- Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies and stocking shelves by stooping, bending, lifting heavy articles and reaching overhead. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Maintain self and the environment in all areas ensuring highest standards of presentation at all times
- Up-sell all promotions available in the outlet and helps increase bar revenue through his/her sales efforts
- Must have min. 2 years of experience in similar role for a busy bar operations.
- Should have sound knowledge of bar operations and cocktail product knowledge
- Should have a strong admin and marketing skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Should have a drive to come up with innovative ideas to ensure protecting the profitability of the outlet/s