Security Systems - CCTV Operator
Full job details
IFA Properties and Residential Services
Security, Security Officer
A successful CCTV Operator should have:
- Valid Security Systems Operator Certificate from Dubai Police Academy.
- High School diploma.
- At least 1 - 2 years of experience in Security field in UAE Good knowledge of safety and security principles and practices in UAE.
- Knowledge of CCTV systems.
- Good oral and written English communication.
- Additional languages are an asset.
- Due to the immediate need to hire for this position, candidates are expected to be on Visit/Tourist Visa or Visa Cancellation and not expected to serve one month notice in current company.
Main Duties / Responsibilities of a CCTV Operator include but not limited to:
- Day to Day operation of the monitoring center.
- Monitor activities of all premises and procedures activities via the monitoring center CCTV System.
- Attend to complaints of theft, pilferage or reported losses and conduct preliminary investigations on an ad-hoc basis as and when required.
- Gather and compile CCTV reports and evidence.
- Monitor the camera images continuously so as to assist with the prevention and detection of crime regularities. Monitor the movements of vehicles, maintenance personnel, sub staff and visitors.
- Report any suspicious movements to the Team Leader.
- Do not allow access to unauthorized personnel in the CCTV room.
- Do not allow unauthorized personnel to review the cameras. Perform monitoring tasks in line with standard operating procedures.
- Operate a multi-camera reporting system, ensuring criminal incidents and any visitor handling irregularities are recorded.
- Control the operation of all cameras in order to carry out necessary camera patrols.
- Arrange the use of automatic camera and screen sequencing to increase the likelihood of detecting incidents.
- Operate the equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Operate all other equipment in the monitoring room in a correct and efficient way. (I.e. Access control/Intercom Functionality/BMS system etc.).
- Ensure that the standard of security services provided by the contracted security staff at various EY Facilities complies with the prescribed standards and the applicable job descriptions/site instructions.
- Check equipment for operational readiness and conduct first line maintenance.
- Inspect equipment for failures and faults. Notify Team Leader about failures in order to minimize downtown.
- Record equipment failures and faults in applicable books and register.
- Maintain the control room as a tidy working environment.
- Regularly clean the CCTV equipment.
- Maintain an effective video and tape management system in line with standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Store video evidence securely under appropriate conditions.
- Do not disclose information to non-authorized persons.
- Produce formatted statements of evidence to corroborate real-time recordings.
- Inform supervisor of changes in manning duties.