Hotel General Manager
Hotel General Manager
Primary Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Employee Status: Management
A leading conglomerate with a strong brand presence in Sri Lanka is seeking a General Manager to manage one of its five star City Hotels in Colombo. The Leisure Sector of this Group is involved in the ownership and management of City Hotels and high end niche market resorts. The Group has also invested in several hotels in partnership with other leading hotel chains in Sri Lanka and maintain a significant presence in the Sri Lankan travel and leisure industry.
He or she would be required to perform all the duties and responsibilities of running a 229 room five start City Hotel. The Hotel comprises 5 restaurants which include a Chinese restaurant and a sea food restaurant, 3 bars and lounges.
The Hotel General Manager will also overlook the operational aspects of Sri Lanka’s first ever five star Condo in Colombo where the Hotel General Manager will have the responsibility for the management of the common areas such as restaurant and bar areas and also manage around 40 service apartments of the Condo.
City Hotel and Condo Overview:
A landmark of luxury, this Hotel is located in the heart of Colombo, at the far end of the famous Galle Face Marine drive. The Hotel features 229 elegantly furnished rooms, each offering an ambience of classic charm, along with an array of amenities to ensure an experience of absolute comfort. The Hotel's numerous restaurants, bars and lounges provide an intimate dining experience in a truly special atmosphere. Equipped with an extensive range of facilities and state-of-the-art amenities, the Hotel's function spaces are ideal for weddings, meetings, social events or special occasions. The Hotel offers guests the indulgence of business and leisure pursuits with the Business Center, gymnasium, an infinity edged pool, and the ‘Senses’ Spa. The Condo apartments are part of Sri Lanka’s first five star condominium and luxuriously furnished and being serviced with five star amenities including a swimming pool, gymnasium etc. situated in the finest address of Colombo.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to Managing Director, of the Leisure Sector of the Group, the responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following;
- Responsible for overseeing and guiding the overall day to day operation of the Hotel and Condo
- Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the Hotel, and Condo including revenue forecasting and budgeting
- Overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues, ensuring the health and safety remains a consistent priority
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of The Hotel’s and Condo’s Core Standards and values at all times
- Foster a solution-oriented, engaged work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to guests
- Direct and support operational needs to ensure compliance with the Hotel’s Annual Budget and Strategic Plan
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Engineering and Security are on time, on target and accurate, and all necessary reporting deadlines are met
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of capital projects
- Update and ensure timely awareness of the Hotel’s business continuity plan as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Support all Hotel Committees
- Function as a key member of the Hotel Executive Committee and leadership team
- Assume the responsibilities of the Managing Director at the Hotel and Condo in his absence
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- At least 15 years experience in a senior leadership role, within a globally recognized hotel brand required
- Extensive hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- A degree or equivalent qualification in hospitality training from a world recognized University / Institution.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Sri Lanka.
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this challenging role, please apply via email to email@example.com indicating the position applied for on the subject line of the email. The closing date for applications will be 10th January 2017. The Group is an equal opportunity employer