IT Supervisor - Rove Hotels
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
To provide operational and technical support to the users of Hospitality applications to ensure that the business benefits of applications continue to be achieved throughout their lifetime, to participate in the installation projects and rollout of existing and new applications and ensure software features are enhanced in the best possible manner to provide maximum business benefits.
- To specify, implement, install and configure new hospitality applications assigned to analysts’ specialty area and ensure that the product meets the needs of the business, liaising with the Applications Manager, Project Manager and vendors where necessary.
- To provide on-going technical maintenance and usage support of assigned Hospitality applications in order to maintain their reliability and business benefits and liaise with vendors for support escalations.
- To identify, diagnose and rectify any number of problems affecting hospitality
- oapplications, which may emanate from software, hardware or the operating systems, in such a way that ensures minimum down time to the user whilst maintaining the integrity of the data.
- To understand the business needs of Guests/patrons/customers/associates in order to assist them in developing their hospitality applications and to recognise the consequences if a business process fails. This knowledge is essential in enabling the associate to manage his/her priorities.
- To provide value added support to a vast array of business applications and interfaces
- To provide second level support for specific applications hosted at business unit level.
- To analyse, define and implement interfaces between hospitality applications to provide integrated solutions.
- To provide additional functionality to the business by using the appropriate tool sets to enhance hospitality applications and develop reports, workflows, enhance features to maximise the business ROI, ensure the efficiency of service and provide enhanced services to associates/ambassadors.
- To understand the security threats posed to applications through various modes, devising and implementing security measures to ensure the integrity of guest/patron/customer transactions and the confidentiality of Guest/Patron/Customer/Associate’s data.
- To set and conduct periodic review of user permissions to assigned applications as per audit standards.
- To document any application related changes through established change management process flow.
- To initiate/maintain and/or assist in developing uniform shell standards for configurations of assigned applications as chain wide documented standards keeping business requirements in mind.
- To log all incidents, requests and change processes in the Assyst ITSM application.
- To ensure report /program source codes/files or any intellectual property if any are stored safely on shared drive and documented.
- To ensure and schedule applications to be upgraded as and when new releases come out after proper testing and evaluation of new features, bug fixes etc. along with nominated business user representatives.
- To cross train EHG IT team colleagues in assigned applications in order to ensure application support is not hampered if in case primary application responsible analyst is unable to attend and has to handover to a colleague to attend to.
- To continually update knowledge and skills on the latest trends in the hospitality IT field and suggest and implement enhancements / improvements wherever benefit to the business can be perceived.
- To ensure wherever possible efforts are taken to reduce costs and enhance revenue channels for business through proper design and usage of applications.
- To have regular meetings with the Application Manager to report progress.
- To participate in regular team meetings to discuss issues affecting the team.
Three year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or 2 years equivalent work experience in Hospitality applications.
To explore Rove Hotels please visit www.rovehotels.com