Assistant Chief Steward
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Controls inventories of food, equipment, smallware, and liquor, and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for serviceware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area. OR
- 2-year degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.