Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Pre - Opening Responsibilities
- Understand and follow facilities designs, set up’s as planned and approved
- Support Chief Steward to implement creativity as required
- Support Chief Steward for setting up phases of Kitchens
- Support Chief Steward to the first time implementation of plans as required
- Support Chief Steward for smart storage and logistics procedures
- Understand and implement available or required Standard Operating Procedures for ways of working in own team
- Follow instructions to Implement operational manuals, brand service standards and job descriptions for F&B operation
- Attend induction and training as required
- Support Chief Steward to plan and oversee all logistics in F&B operation for a smooth and successful opening
- Support Chief Steward to ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are available and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning company, IHG and General Manager.
- Support Chief Steward to implement systems that measure the cost effectiveness of F&B operation by using the resources judiciously e.g controlling breakage, damages etc.
- Clean up and maintain kitchen equipment wisely and efficiently.
- Support Chief Steward to manage day-to-day F&B operation, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Comply with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Comply with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance
with industry expectations and company standards including:
Being attentive to Guests
Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests
Anticipate Guests needs
Maintain a high level of knowledge which
affects the Guest experience
Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
Taking appropriate action to resolve guest
Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel
industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Comply with existing standards to ensure
- Familiarize yourself with Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to Chief Steward or designate
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility
- Support Chief Steward to ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents
- Support Chief Steward to manage all functions of the stewarding operation to achieve the optimum quality level of food and beverage production and sanitation
- Support Chief Steward to oversee special events and special food and beverage promotions
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including chemical and equipment to make appropriate adjustments to F&B operations accordingly
- Support Chief Steward to implement popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Support Chief Steward to plan and organize successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and oversee them
- Attend and participate in daily briefing as required
- Support Chief Steward to implement Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies
Being entry level part of stewarding operation in a large
full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major food and beverage
outlets and banquet facilities with capacity to cater to more than 500 people.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
- High school certificate or equivalent and any other related qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Steward
- Fair knowledge of F&B stewarding operation
- Good level of verbal English