Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Assist Chief Steward to direct the
stewarding operation, including physical departmental maintenance and inventory
functions, to ensure hotel quality standards and revenue goals are met and departmental
costs are controlled.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which
means we need you to:
Be charming by being
approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by
understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking
ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being
knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that
make people feel special.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Pre - Opening Responsibilities
- Understand and follow facilities designs, set up’s as planned and approved
- Assist Chief Steward to bring creativity and flair to the required implementation of plans as required
- Assist Chief Steward for setting up phases of Kitchens and provide input on service areas
- Assist Chief Steward to conduct snagging process
- Assist Chief Steward to prepare inventory, par-stock and other stewarding requirements
- Work with F&B Service leaders and F&B Preparation leaders to establish logistics for great delivery and service of food and beverage
- Assist Chief Steward for smart storage and logistics procedures
- Assist Chief Steward to understand and design available or required Standard Operating Procedures for ways of working in own team
- Assist Chief Steward to Implement operational manuals, brand service standards and job descriptions for F&B operation
- Assist Chief Steward to oversee induction and training of entire team alongside own key team members and Human Resources
- Assist Chief Steward to plan and oversee all logistics in F&B operation for a smooth and successful opening
- Assist Chief Steward to ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are available and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning company,
IHG and General Manager.
- Assist Chief Steward to complete departmental production reports for management.
- Assist Chief Steward to implement departmental annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Assist Chief Steward to manage a cost effective budget with measurable targets for department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget
- Assist Chief Steward to analyze variations from the budget effectively
- Assist Chief Steward to implement systems that measure the cost effectiveness of F&B operation
- Assist Chief Steward to implement procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of F&B operation
- Assist Chief Steward to maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations
- Assist Chief Steward to liaise with the F&B Service and Preparation Team to ensure correct equipment is ready for service
- Assist Chief Steward to liaise with the Engineering Team to schedule preventive maintenance and repairs
- Assist Chief Steward to liaise with the Accounting Team to
- Assist Chief Steward to manage day-to-day F&B operation, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
- Assist Chief Steward to educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Assist Chief Steward to implement for other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
promptly fulfilling Guests requests
Maintain a high level
of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Assist Chief Steward to
review and update existing standards to ensure competitiveness.
- Familiarize yourself with Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to Chief Steward or designate
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility
- Ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents
- Assist Chief Steward to manage all functions of the F&B stewarding operation to achieve optimum departmental profit
- Assist Chief Steward to support all functions of the F&B operation to achieve the optimum quality level of food and beverage production and sanitation
- Assist Chief Steward to oversee special events and special food and beverage promotions
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including chemical, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to F&B operations accordingly
- Assist Chief Steward to
control and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Inventory and requisition
Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Assist Chief Steward to implement popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Assist Chief Steward to plan and organize successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and oversee them
- Attend and participate in daily briefing as required
- Assist Chief Steward to keep an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on
the following F&B operation matters:
Personnel and Training
Material and Equipment
- Assist Chief Steward to set Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies
- Assist Chief Steward to determine the minimum and maximum stocks of material and equipment
- Assist Chief Steward to set standards of all equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Monitor local competitors and compare their
operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation
Assist Chief Steward to supervise
stewarding employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with
multiple major food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with capacity
to cater to more than 500 people. May oversee subordinate professional stewarding
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
- High school certificate or equivalent and any other related qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a steward, with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and stewarding operation experience.
- Vast knowledge of F&B stewarding operation
- Good level of written and verbal Business English