Chef de Cuisine
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
Specific Pre - Opening Responsibilities
- Understand and follow facilities designs, set up’s as planned and approved
- Assist Executive Chef to bring creativity and flair to the required implementation of plans as required
- Assist Executive Chef to supervise the construction, design and setting up phases of Kitchens and provide input on service area
- Assist Executive Chef to conduct snagging process and approve facilities after de-snagging Director of Food & Beverage
- Act as an advisor to the first time implementation of plans as required
- Assist Executive Chef to design menus for all outlets
- Assist Executive Chef for Procurement regarding the available well as required resources
- Assist Executive Chef to arrange for showcasing and tasting of menus for all outlets
- Assist Executive Chef to arrange for menu classes and product knowledge for the service and other relevant colleagues
- Work with F&B Service leaders and Stewarding leader to establish logistics for great delivery and service of food
- Assist Executive Chef to establish smart storage and logistics procedures
- Suggest any new ideas important for the successful opening of relevant facilities
- Assist Executive Chef to understand or design available or required Standard Operating Procedures for ways of working in own team
- Assist Executive Chef to devise/ approve/ implement operational manuals, brand service standards and job descriptions for each section of the division
- Assist Executive Chef to recruit key members of own team as per IHG People tools in collaboration with Director of Human Resources
- Assist Executive Chef to oversee recruitment, induction and training of entire team alongside own key team members and Human Resources
- Assist Executive Chef to plan and oversee all logistics in own department for a smooth and successful opening
- Assist Executive Chef to ensure that the facilities are well set up, logistics are available and the right quality of human resources are recruited, trained and made enthusiastically ready for the opening as per deadlines from Owning company, IHG and General Manager.
- Assist Executive Chef to complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
- Assist Executive Chef in the preparation of the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Assist Executive Chef to prepare and manage a cost effective budget with measurable targets for department within the financial parameters set down by the hotel budget
- Effectively monitor and analyze variations from the budget
- Assist Executive Chef to develop systems that measure the cost effectiveness of the department
- Assist Executive Chef to develop procedures that track, report on, and control the running costs of the department
- Assist Executive Chef to maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations
- Assist Executive Chef to manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Assist Executive Chef to educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviours, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Assist Executive Chef to recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Demonstrate service
attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards
Being attentive to
promptly fulfilling Guests requests
Maintain a high level
of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
action to resolve guest complaints
- Appreciate the dynamic nature of the Hotel industry and extend these service attributes to all internal customers
- Review and update
existing standards to ensure competitiveness.
- Familiarize yourself with Company Health and Safety Policies and ensure your areas promote and comply with them
- Take responsibility to rectify hazardous situations, reporting major areas of concern to your Executive Chef or designate
- Familiarize yourself with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and actively enforce these in your area of responsibility
- Ensure security incidents in your operational area are reviewed and corrective measures implemented to prevent recurring incidents
- Assist Executive Chef to manage all functions of the Food Production operations to achieve optimum departmental profit
- Assist Executive Chef to manage all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation
- Assist Executive Chef to oversee special events and special food promotions
- Assist Executive Chef to issues recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Assist Executive Chef to develop new dishes and products
- Take steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly
- Assist Executive Chef to control and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Issuing of food
Quality and presentation of food products
Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Assist Executive Chef to develop popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Assist Executive Chef to plan and organize successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and oversee them
- Attend and participate in other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
- Keep an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
Personnel and Training
Material and Equipment
Miscellaneous, as required
- Assist Executive Chef to set Food Production and Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies
- Assist Executive Chef to determine minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment
- Assist Executive Chef to set standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
- Monitor local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation
Assist Executive Chef to supervise outlet
employees in a large full-service, luxury, or resort hotel with multiple major
food and beverage outlets and banquet facilities with capacity to cater to more
than 500 people. May oversee subordinate managers and/or supervisors and
professional culinary staff.
Do you have what it
takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company?
If so, make it happen
and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of
personal and professional opportunities exist.
- Completion of a degree or certificate in culinary arts
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a chef, with at least 2 years in a management capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience.
- Vast knowledge of international culinary practices, menus and offerings
- High level of written and verbal Business English
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable