Team Leader - Executive Club Lounge- Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
A great opportunity has arisen as Team Leader in the Executive Lounge at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to supervise the daily operation of the Executive Club and Imperial Lounge ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are being followed and that the highest possible service is being delivered in a friendly and professional manner aiming to exceed guest’s expectations.
Establishes and develops personal guest contact, promotes feedback and is constantly proactive in anticipating guest needs and requirements.
To ensure that all department expenses are controlled with focus on beverage and food costs. To ensure that credit policy and cash handling policy is followed, as well by all colleagues.
Ensure that all charges for the day are recorded on the proper hand over summary and traffic sheets and are handed over to the Accounting Department / Night Auditor at the end of the evening shift.
Some of your main duties will be:
- Check all mise-en-place of the Club Lounges are ready for service.
- Ensure that service is smooth and efficient.
- Carry out continual checks of guest satisfaction.
- Check daily requisition and expiry dates of lounge items.
- Ensure proper colleagues grooming and attendance is adhered.
- Ensure all operating stock is well maintained.
- Assure the upkeep and cleanliness of the lounges and the pantry at all times.
- Greet Club and suite arrivals who complete their registration procedures in the Lounge and to attend all their needs throughout their stay at the hotel.
- Allocate rooms/suites for all arrivals for the lounges.
- Ensure smooth check-in of all arriving guests.
- Ensure that all arriving guests are escorted to their respective room or suite.
- Handle any guests’ complaints according to Jumeirah & ZS complaint handling standards.
- Assist Guest Services Executive with any group arrivals and departures
- Host and supervise the daily F&B operations within the allocated lounge.
- Ensure check-lists are carried out as required.
- Ensure performance of colleagues is managed as per company guidelines.
- Promote teamwork and co-operation on a continuous basis
- Ensure that the Assistant Manager is informed about all the activities in the lounges.
- Maintain open line of communication and co-ordination with related departments to ensure guests’ requests and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently.
- Identify and anticipate guests’ needs and requirements and to be a continual source of information, help and assistance.
- Adhere to Resort’s health and safety policies, in particular the Jumeirah Food Hygiene standards.
- Attend and conduct briefings and meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of all menu items and service procedures in the lounges.
- Liaise with kitchen and beverage department on daily operation.
- Conduct on-jobs trainings for all colleagues in the department.
Any other duties that may be asked of the management.About You
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the genuine interest in assisting others, and enjoy working with people. Apart from these you should also have/ be: