Sous Chef (Asian Specialty) - JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort
Competitive package with great hospitality benefits
Full job details
The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Sous Chef /Sr. Sous Chef in managing his assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit centre, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation with the focus on day to day operational requirements. Assist the Chef De Cuisine/ Executive Sous Chef in the day-to-day kitchen operation, representing the kitchen in the absence of the Chef in all areas of responsibility. Responsible for the efficient and smooth running of food production within the designated Kitchens. To control, check and supervise the kitchen operation and be hands on as and when needed. To ensure that staff are trained in accordance with the hotel and municipality standard requirements. To perform all daily tasks to a consistent High standard in line with both departmental and brand standards.
- Makes sure that the food is produced in a very attractive way with attention to every detail, delicious and well-textured while corresponding with menus. Food temperatures must always meet safety standards.
- Perform food production and presentation to the customers and staff as directed by the Executive Sous Chef and Sr. Sous Chef.
- Consistently use food production methods in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility. Must also comply with department and organizational policies, procedures and the Executive Chef’s instructions to ensure that the customer’s expectations are consistently met at all times.
- All government food handling regulations must be consistently followed by all kitchen associates.
- Supervise the daily food production operations in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern the facility. Must also comply with management and organizational policies, procedures and the Executive Chef’s instructions, to ensure that the customer’s expectations are consistently exceeded at all times.
Experience and Skills required to qualify for the role:
- Culinary School Degree with minimum 3 years certification.
- Certificate in Food production or Culinary Diploma.
- Food Hygiene – PIC level 3
- Basic & Intermediate Food Hygiene
- Intermediate - Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft, PowerPoint).
- Advance – English communication skills, written and verbal.