At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Position is responsible for ensuring that operations are in compliance with hygiene and food safety standards.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area. OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in housekeeping or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Hygiene and Food Safety Operations
• Ensures compliance with Brand Standard Audit (BSA) requirements of Marriott International throughout the operations.
• Ensures compliance with the documentation system in the BSA through out the operations.
• Advises and supervises food handlers on the proper food handling practices and ensures their observance.
• Identifies key areas of risk in various food operations for early remedial actions.
• Ensures compliance with food and hygiene regulations, licensing conditions and codes of practice relating to food businesses.
• Acts as a focal point of contact with the Food & Environment Hygiene Department (FEHD).
• Provides technical advice on product labeling issues for fulfilling government requirements.
• Provides in-house food hygiene training for all the food handlers, (e.g. new hires and trainees).
• Handles complaints or enquiries from customers and FEHD on food hygiene matters.
• Conducts daily kitchen inspections on the personal, environmental and food hygiene conditions and provides a corrective action plan and keeps records on the findings.
• Checks daily cleaning status in kitchens with respective kitchen managers and stewarding.
• Ensures the temperature of refrigerators and freezers are up to the standard.
• Coordinates microbial food tests with kitchens and laboratory in case of new products/suppliers and suspected food borne illness complaints.
• Conducts monthly vendor inspection with the Purchasing and Executive Chef.
• Conducts monthly internal BSA inspection with Executive Chef and Stewarding.
• Conducts monthly TOP5 kitchen/equipment condition inspection, and identify non-conformities/defects with the Engineering.
• Liaises with Pest Control Company for any ad hoc pest issues in the operations, and reviews the pest control performance.
• Maintains and makes improvements to hygiene standards.
• Maintains documentation on all hygiene and food safety standards throughout the operation.
• Works closely with the Learning team and conducts Great Food Safe Food Training sessions to all food handlers.
• Regularly review and refresh the food safety standards of all food handlers within the hotel premises.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.