Overall responsibility is to ensure all guest rooms, public areas, back of house and building operating systems are presented and maintained to a high standard and that appropriate preventative detection systems are in place in accordance with Frasers Hospitality’s CARE program and all statutory requirements.
KEY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure successful management of the building handover including documentation, plans, supplier and contractor details, product specifications, building licenses, certification, training manuals and required system training is completed.
- Implement and manage planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedules for all Fraser Suites West Bay Doha plant, equipment and operating assets to ensure efficient and continuous operation.
- Maintain and manage all operating manuals, service and product warranties, supplier details and product specifications in hard and soft copy.
- Manage external service providers in accordance with agreed performance and servicing requirements.
- Manage the procurement of services by outsourced providers using tender specifications in an agreed format in consultation with the General Manager and Finance Manager.
- Manage the reporting and rectification of building, plant and equipment defects in consultation with the project manager, during the 12-month defect liability period.
- Obtain and keep on file all building license and certification documentation provided at practical completion.
- Maintain a complete copy of ‘as built’ drawings, electrical schematics, hydraulic and essential services plans for ongoing reference.
- Manage all relationships with external agencies including planning authorities, government departments.
- Manage operating supplies and asset inventories in accordance with company guidelines.
- Manage and direct the activities of the maintenance team to ensure building presentation, maintenance of facilities and all functional aspects of the property are operating in accordance with agreed guidelines and standards.
- Conduct routine inspections of building plant and equipment, public areas, external areas of the building and guest apartments to proactively address repairs and maintenance requirements in accordance with Frasers Hospitality CARE program.
- Oversee maintenance staff rosters to ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet the operation requirements and in accordance with the labour budget.
- Prepare management reports; daily, weekly, monthly and annual report in accordance with Hotel’s policy & procedures.
- Ensure maintenance and fault reporting systems are in place to respond to all guest and staff reported maintenance issues.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality and standards in accordance with Frasers Hospitality code of conduct.
- Ensure effective interdepartmental communication at all times.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Maintenance Team to effectively achieve the objectives of the maintenance department.
- Conduct ongoing performance appraisal reviews in line with company guidelines for all direct reports.
- Ensure the completion of timesheets and requests for personal leave for all direct reports are managed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Identify appropriate training needs and development needs for the maintenance team and communicate these to Human Resources.
- Demonstrate leadership by setting a positive and professional example for others.
- Actively observe all workplace health and safety requirements and report any issues to the relevant department manager.
- Identify opportunities to innovate service delivery and product offerings to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Participate in the company’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management practices with specific emphasis on crisis management, business continuity and disaster recovery processes as they apply to the Maintenance Department.
- Actively promote ROC.IT core values within the team and in all dealings.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Recognized trade qualifications in either electrical, mechanical or hydraulic disciplines.
- Previous management experience within a 5-star hotel maintenance operations department of not less than 3 years.
- Competency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), hotel property management system (HIS, Opera) and work order software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and work coordinating skills to handle multiple assignments and projects simultaneously.
- Professionally groomed.
- Ability to problem solve and formulate technically sound corrective actions.
- An eye for detail and a focus on quality standards.