The Beverage Manager is assisting the F&B Manager by ensuring a smooth, flawless and efficient operation of the Food and Beverage Department of the hotel.
The Beverage Manager is responsible for the front of house operations of all dining outlets as well as Private Dining and special dining requests including maintaining company policies and standards in all services and operations while maximizing profitability and guest satisfaction.
He collaborates with the Executive Chef and the Outlet Managers to ensure that guests receive the highest level of food and beverages service at all times as according to Constance Moofushi Resort standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- To ensure that guests feel welcomed and comfortable in all F&B outlets including Restaurants, Bars, Lounges and in all places where F&B Services are provided to guests.
- To anticipate and attend to guests needs in all F&B outlets and ensure maximum guest satisfaction at all times.
- To ensure that guests are properly informed and guided as to the choices available to them in terms of F&B services.
- To meet guests regularly, listen to and discuss their preferences so as to ensure the best possible fit between guest’s requirements and services provided.
- To deal promptly with customer complaints and launch service recovery procedures whenever necessary.
- Improve the Food & Beverage Customer Satisfaction rating.
To promote incremental sales revenue in the F&B department.
To assist in the preparation of the yearly F&B operating and CAPEX budgets.
To assist in the control inventories of Food and Beverage commodities, small equipment and other consumables.
Innovation, learning and growth
To continuously introduce new concepts and ideas to develop the F&B services in conjunction with the F&B Manager.
To invest time and effort in his own development in order to be proactive and update in the latest developments in the field of F&B services and standards.
To assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of an effective benchmarking system for the continuous improvement of the F&B operations.
To supervise and monitor the implementation of appropriate training to enhance the level of knowledge, skills and attitude of F&B Team Members.
To ensure that the F&B Human Resources are well motivated and that all Team Members problems are promptly dealt with.
To set annual and periodic objectives for all F&B outlets and operate an effective and timely Performance Management System
To ensure that F&B personnel are recognized and adequately rewarded for their performances.
- To direct and supervise all F&B operations at close range by being physically involved in all aspects of the operations.
- To perform F&B Administrative tasks to the required proficiency level.
- To assist the F&B Manager with the regular review of F&B service processes and standards with a view to constantly improve upon them.
- To work closely with the Executive Chef and the F&B Manager in the design of menus, buffets and other F&B service offers.
- To assist with the planning of the necessary manning level in all outlets in order to provide the highest service level within the agreed manning guide.
- To plan for the necessary equipment in order to ensure a hassle free operation.
- To collaborate with the Chief Engineer to set-up and operate a Preventive Maintenance program for all F&B outlets and equipment.
- To conduct daily and monthly communication meetings in conjunction with the F&B Manager to ensure an effective flow of information occurs within the department.
- To regularly report to the F&B Manager on the state of the Department