Waiter / Waitress (Banquet)
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Waiter / Waitress, Banquet Supervisor, Assistant Banquet Manager, Banquet Manager.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and name tag at all times a A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform up selling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times. Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Projecting at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control. Be knowledgeable of daily events and upcoming events and their respective setup requirements.
- Be fully knowledgeable about the various banquet set-up styles, the provided banquet rooms, their size and set-up possibilities.
- To lead and guide set-up of smaller sized events.
- To lead and guide coffee breaks for smaller groups and to offer impeccable service.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Junior Waiter/Waitress or 1 years experience as a Waiter/Waitress in a similar environment.
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Managment or related fieled preffered.
- Good knowledge of wine, beverage, cocktail is an advantage
- Strong communication skills, enthusiastic and flexible
- Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demand
- Knowledge of cashier operations (MICROS)
- Knowledge of hotel business operations
- English excellent oral and written skills
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days.