Executive Pastry Chef
2 days left
- Job Level
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Executive Pastry Chef
- Be knowledgeable of classic & modern pastry preparation, garnishing, dishes and cooking.
- Have experience working with chocolate to create show pieces.
- Have experience in working and or managing a multi outlet kitchen operation.
- Ability to supervise and maintain a high level of food production, preparation and delivery throughout the kitchens.
- Have experience with working with & supervising on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments.
- Be able to demonstrate this knowledge on a daily basis through hands on flawless execution each and every time.
- When appropriate meet guests to assist with specific requirements related to food.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Seek own solutions to obstacles that occur from time to time.
- To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times.
- Effective menu planning, implantation and direction through menu engineering, costings, recipes and photography.
- High School Graduate and culinary/Pastry school certificate.
- Must be HACCP trained and certified.
Length and type of experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the role.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Work well under pressure.
- Creative and innovative person.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.