Reservations Team Leader
Full job details
This position is responsible for managing all incoming groups, conference and events enquiries in timely and professional manner. Consistently delivering 5-star services to all groups, conference and events booked in JA Manafaru. The team leader is responsible for all incoming reservations requests by email, fax and letters and ensure replied within 24 hours of receipt as per the brand standards.
At least one year experience in a supervisory role.
- Attend and participate in any meetings (department, communications etc.) as and when required
- Answer the telephone politely and promptly within 3 rings, if not, offer apology
- Attend to all enquiries, complaints and requests regarding groups, conference and events procedures.
- Ensure all requests by email, fax, and letters are replied to, within 24 hours of receipt.
- All Banquet enquiries to be handled and enquiry form to be sent to sales team sending out proposal.
- Promote and maintain good public relations and use every opportunity to maximize business by upselling, promoting hotel etc.
- Monitor the cutover dates of prospect enquiries and tentative groups and update the Operations Manager/Revenue Manager.
- Ensure that the reservations team is aware of the Group movement for the current and next month by updating the pick report.
- Ensure Groups Manager meets clients once signed contract is received.
- Ensure all group blocks and rate codes are complete with details & recorded according to the departments’ SOP.
- Ensure that the correct market and source codes are linked to the reservations and ensure all rate codes are verified
- Ensure correct profiles are attached for guests, tour operators, DMC’s & Corporates for all reservations so that relevant departments are aware about regular and repeat guests.
- Ensure all group correspondence is filed electronically for each group and spot check all filing.
- Balance the inventory in order to avoid overbooking on one particular room type as per the instructions from Operations/Revenue Manager.
- Follow up for all any missing information from Company, TOP, TA’s and DMC’s.
- Any visa requests for the groups are submitted as and when the reservations are made.
- Ensure group traces are processed on daily basis as per SOP.
- Update groups rooming list, guest flight details, and special requests in the PMS and communicate with all concerned accordingly.
- Review all expected group arrivals at least 14 days prior to arrival date and follow up on rooming list.
- Liaise with Sales department in respect of Groups, Conference and Familiarizations trips or any extra ordinary request.
- Ensure all FAM Trip rooms are booked as per information received from Sales and any pending rooming lists are followed up proactively and approved comp slips are received and filed accordingly.
- Check all group correspondence is filed before action plan is sent out to Groups Manager/Executive.
- Prepare group action plan 7 days prior to arrival and forward it to property Groups Manager/Executive to conduct the communication meeting with relevant operational department.
- Follow up for any pending rooms on the block and report any release/cancellation to the Operations Manager/Revenue Manager.
- Spot check the block grids to ensure they are balanced and cross check the same with the group contract..
- Assist Groups Manager in order to ensure the smooth and efficient daily operation of the Group reservation, ensuring everyone contacting the Group Reservations receives an optimum level of services and care at all times.
- Follow up with Groups Manager/Executive to ensure Group master is closed within 1 day of the group departure.
- Prepare the group materialization report at the end of each group departure and this report needs to be forwarded to the Operations and Revenue Manager on monthly basis.
- Ensure groups and conference feedback forms are received from group organiser for all the groups and any constructive/positive feedback is communicated to Business Excellence and relevant Department Heads to ensure preventative/corrective action is taken accordingly.