Chef De Partie - Rib Room Kitchen (British Steakhouse) - Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Chef De Partie to join us in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to control the section for which responsible to ensure smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the Standards. In addition cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements is part of the job responsibility.
Your duties will include:
- Assist the Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef (or any designates) to develop standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable cost.
- Assist Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef (or any designates) to maximize colleagues productivity in order to minimise payroll costs.
- Monitor operating costs and take corrective action when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Organize shifting in the section with regards to mis-en-place production and its service.
- Give tasks to Demi Chefs and Commis and check that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- Write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his / her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues.
- Ensure that training on a one to one basis has been carried out and comprehended.
- Checks on a daily basis food preparation regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions.
- Check Demi Chefs/Commis on his/her section: Personal Hygiene and Jumeirah standards are in place.
Any other responsibilities assigned accordinglyAbout You
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the genuine interest in assisting others, and enjoy working with people. Apart from these you should also have:
- Male or female with a pleasing personality
- Willing to work in a team
- Able to deal with people different nationalities and religions
- At least 5 years in the Kitchen, ideally in preparing Steaks?
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year
- At least two years in a five star International chain hotel
- Good Communicator
- Team Player
- Take on responsibility