Commis 3 – Bakery (Culinary) - Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Commis 3, Bakery section, to join us in Jumeirah Zabeel Saray. The main purpose of this role is to Cook any food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Organize together with the Chef de Partie shifting in the section with regard to mise enpace production and its service.
- Take orders from his/her Chef de Partie and carry them out in the correct manner.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Together with his/her Chef de Partie write daily wine, dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Maintain good colleagues relations and motivate colleagues.
- Work to the specifications received by the Chef de Partie regarding portion size, quantity and quality as laid down in the recipe index.
- Attend daily meeting with the Chef de Cuisine and other meetings as requested by the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Banquets or other information regarding the organization.
- Report any problems regarding failure of machinery and small equipment to the Chef de Cuisine and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions.
- Comply to all Jumeirah standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Any other duties as requested.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the genuine interest in assisting others, and enjoy working with people. Apart from these you should also have:
- 2 years as Commis Chef/Apprenticeship in Similar operation
- Good Knowledge of job related skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks as well as busy & volume operation.
- Provides great drive of passion.
- Must perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team and to ensure a superior production and presentation of high quality dishes.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have culinary certificate and accredited education requirement.