Between a beach and freshwater lagoon, Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara offers refreshing luxury, and also a gateway to Oman’s cultural treasures. Culinary experiences immerse you in the Middle East’s exquisite tastes, and take curious diners on scintillating journeys. Sip refreshments and savour marinated barbeque dishes at the Mediterranean beach bar. Gourmet world flavors are yours to enjoy all day. For dinner, let us tempt you with Asian specialties from countries that border the Mekong River. At Al Baleed Resort Salalah by Anantara Guests will enjoy a choice of 30 Premier Sea View rooms and 10 Deluxe rooms with sea or garden views, 96 villas, including 88 private pool villas, Private 250 meter beach, Outdoor temperature-controlled infinity swimming pool, Anantara Spa with Salalah’s first hammam and razul treatment rooms, 3 restaurants including a signature Asian restaurant and much more.
Al Baleed Resort by Anantara is looking for Commis III to join its team.
A Commis Chef is responsible for producing the most creative and excellent pastries and desserts, ensuring that the guests expectations are exceeded, and that they leave feeling fully satisfied. The person in this position must be able to effectively communicate with other members of the kitchen team, this includes being able to gracefully receive constructive criticism as well as effectively carry out orders. Additionally, a Commis Chef also needs to be able to remain calm while multi-tasking, as they are often called upon to carry out many different orders simultaneously in a brief amount of time.
- To assist in the preparation & service of food, prepare mis-en-place for the outlets as required.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- To keep all working areas clean and tidy to maintain hygienic surroundings.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Taking responsibility for looking after all hotel property and facilities.
- Participating in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels.
- Maintaining and oversee adherence to departmental checklists and cleaning schedules
- Assisting at events, banquets and other functions as required.
- Adhering to all personal hygiene and grooming standards, fire safety rules and health & safety rules.
- High School degree.
- Previous experience in role of Food & Beverage/Restaurant operation.
- Passion for teamwork.
- Excellent guest service skill.
- Knowledge on basic preparation, presentation and preservation of food.
- Basic knowledge of Hygiene and Safety Procedures.