Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Function / Summary:
Responsible for the safeguarding of hotel property, assets, guests, visitors, and employees. Giving direction to security officers as needed on specific shifts.
Budgeting and Cost Control
• Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets. Answer house calls, assist guests and associates safety and security in hotel operations. Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons. Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports.
• Check all alarm systems, safety and fire equipment systems and closely monitor security of building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
• Oversee safety/security officers on specified shifts, ensuring proper attire (designated hotel uniform), reporting to duty on time and proper coverage of hotel and grounds.
• Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
• Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Assist in the compiling of records, reports, and statistics necessary for complete and accurate records, including the shift activity log, code book, and the daily shift summary.
• Perform any special guest requests, making sure that they are properly executed.
• Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Should have at least 3 years hotel security experience
- Strong communication level with determined personality
- Preferable security and safety certified with UAE experience