Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Full job details
Makkah Clock Royal Tower - A Fairmont Hotel
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
O&M Engineer Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel Employee Status : Regular O&M Engineer Oversee and perform scheduled Preventive Maintenance Program and Repair work for SBG & EMAAR Residence, Back of the House areas and Exterior areas etc.Follow Hotel SOPs/ Policy & Procedures. Work very closely with Group Director of Engineering for the works he assigned. Perform any other duty assigned by Group Director of Engineering as business demands and work as task force if need arises. Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1542 rooms. Summary of Responsibilities: Responsible to carry out scheduled PM Program for all areas under R&M Department related to SBG & EMAAR Residence and other areas of the Hotel.
- Provide effective supervision at site work to ensure that safety and work standards are maintained all the time.
- To oversee preventive Maintenance process and implement effectively. Analyze room defect trends to eliminate recurring problems, including inspecting the condition of furniture and appliances and reporting damages to his immediate supervisor. Daily follow up on all Royal service complaints and keep close coordination with other Department.
- To keep high standard of work with a minimum of downtime by proper planning and scheduling of site work, to ensure that, minimum affects in the function of the Hotel operation.
- Keeping all maintenance records as required for the smooth operation, to train and instruct the Engineering staffs working under his direction to maintain the safety and work standards. All engineering hot jobs, which required special safety precautions needs to be supervised effectively to avoid any un expected accident and damages of the property.
- Manage all repair work/ Project by coordinating, scheduling and planning of all tasks in advance of beginning of any repair work and Project. Ensure that, the site area is well protected during the maintenance work, a proper signage is displayed and the working area is cleaned prior the staff leave the place.
- Accident Prevention and Safety – To be aware of all job safety Analysis, provide job safety instructions to the staffs and strive to work in an accident free manner and create a safe work environment.
- Implement effectively all departmental training program, putting all efforts to develop the skills and knowledge of the staffs working his under supervision.
- Making daily/weekly and Monthly inspection of all his related areas and take appropriate action for the up keeping and maintaining high standard of the Hotel.
- Emergencies – To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system.
- Responsible to organize, maintain and operate work shops and other engineering working areas in a required standards and good engineering practices. Store paint and other materials in a safe manner.
- keeping the required standards of hygiene and uniform standard of staffs working his direction.
- Responsible to provide work supervision on contractor work and to check work performance and verify the site work as directed by Assistant Chief Engineer or Chief Engineer.
Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly serviceQualifications:
- Previous experience is an asset
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Engineering Degree/ Diploma or similar qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with MS office and others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and must lead by example.