General Cashier / Paymaster
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behaviour across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues, and ensure Line Employees exercise the same levels of professionalism and courtesy.
- Ensure all internal control procedures are followed with regards to daily collections from cashiers, petty cash disbursements and General Cashier’s funds are routinely out and to highlight discrepancies to the Controller.
- Collect and verify together with a witness all envelopes of the daily deposits by cashiers.
- Manage all cash envelopes dropped by outlet cashiers.
- Handle all petty cash disbursement and replenishment.
- Check invoices/receipts and business purposes to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage petty cash reimbursements and payments for receipts and invoices which do not exceed an established amount as per policies and procedures.
- Prepare petty cash payment vouchers for the Director of Finance and General Manager’s approval.
- Ensure all cash advances have proper approval from the Director of Finance and General Manager.
- Manage remittances received by the Hotel following procedures.
- Prepare and make daily bank deposits.
- Safeguard the General Cashier’s Cash Fund.
- Control and manage foreign currencies.
- Inform the Director of Finance of any accounting procedures that are not strictly adhered to.
- Monitor the daily exchange rate offered by the Hotel and coordinate the Hotel’s exhange rate with the Director of Finance.
- Prepare the daily General Cashier report and cash position and forecast for the coming week.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Employee Handbook and adhere to regulations contained therein.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
- Perform other assignments to meet business needs as directed by your superiors.
- Innovative thinking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, coaching and counselling skills.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Strong financial management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and lead complex projects.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, PPT, and industry related software desired.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Strong comprehension of the Uniform System of Accounts.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
- Graduate of an Accountancy or related programme required
- Minimum 3 years experience in the same position required.
- Hotel experience required.
Only shortlisted candidites will be contacted.