Laundry Attendant - (RD-HK-H-LA.8)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To assist the Laundry Supervisor in the smooth running of the Laundry department.
1. Sorts out all soiled linens into different wash loads.
2. All linen should be weighed in the weighing scale before loading them into the washing machine.
3. Uses the standard operating procedures of all types of machine in the laundry.
4. Bed linens and F&B linens to be pressed in the flat work ironer after washing.
5. Towels to be loaded into the dryers. To follow the correct standards for timings and must ensure that the dryer lint filter is cleaned every two hours.
6. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
7. Keeps updated with new products in the market.
8. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
9. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
10. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
11. Ensures proper usage of machinery and chemicals.
12. Ensures all house linens and uniforms are handled carefully to minimize damage.
13. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
14. Attends all departmental meetings as required.
15. Ensure that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
16. Actively participates in all EHSMS requirements.
17. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Executive Housekeeper.
18. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Basic Working Knowledge of Laundry and Dry Cleaning Techniques
Basic Working Knowledge of Different Fabric Types
Basic Spoken English
Good Working Knowledge of Laundry and Dry Cleaning Techniques
Good Working Knowledge of Different Fabric Types
Intermediate Spoken and Basic Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within a Laundry
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity Within Hotels
Travel Date Needed By 30/11/2016 # of Hires Needed 1