Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
7 days left
- Job Level
Kandima Maldives is much more than just a holiday. This new game-changing destination offers a seriously stylish island setting with extraordinary restaurants and bars and plenty of on-site activities to choose from. Located in Dhaalu Atoll. There is a large natural lagoon and lush tropical island surroundings that will simply take your breath away. The island is just a 30-minute flight from Male’ International Airport to the domestic airport in Dhaalu Atoll followed by a 20-minute boat ride to the island.
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Female & European background)
- To liaise with supervisors ensuring that the guest dining experience is exceptional. This will include but not limited to special requests, table appointments, meet and greet, billing, ambiance, standards, etc.
- To ensure that faults and defects are reported to maintenance and actioned without delay.
- To maintain high standards of morale, grooming and attitude of all staff.
- To be continually aware of and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
- Merchandizing & Marketing
- Quality level and presentation of Food and Beverage products
- Service Standards
- Sanitation, Hygiene, Condition and Cleanliness of Facilities
- Operation Costs, Payroll and Beverage Cost
- Guest satisfaction
- Ensures optimum performance in specific areas assigned in above areas.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and Inter-Departmental working relationships.
- Maintains all up-dated operating manual for the Restaurant.
- Monitors and controls all operating equipment for the outlet.
- Conducts such functions as interviewing, employee orientation, performance evaluation, appraisals, coaching, counselling and taking disciplinary actions to ensure the appropriate staff productivity and efficiency.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management preferred.
- Fluent in English and 2 other European languages.
Length and type of experience
- Minimum five years food & beverage service management experience in a Resort/Hotel or supervisory experience.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience of mult-cultural environment necessary.
- Someone with European work experience would be preferred.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Strong beverage knowledge including wine.
- Strong Leader, Work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy / POS is a must.
- 2 year contract.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Applicants travelling on a single status should apply.
Other benefits and advantages
- We provide healthy, high quality food in our staff restaurant, which is the largest in Maldives.
- We provide great accommodation facilities and places for employees to rest and renew during the course of the working day and encourage them to take breaks.
- We create the best possible work environment with great workplace including staff bar, staff pool, games rooms, internet connection, movie and book library, areas for employees to interact and socialise.
- We encourage our employees to move physically and stay fit and therefore provide a well-equipped staff gym and staff sports complex / fields.
- We provide all amenities, resources, knowledge and assistance that our employees need for their work (uniform, opportunities for extracurricular courses).
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.