Assistant Outlet Manager - La Parilla - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, U.S.A and the Middle East.
The award winning Jumeirah Beach Hotel is set on the shores of the Arabian Gulf and built in a startling shape that mirrors a breaking wave. A truly incomparable resort with luxurious accommodation, thoughtful amenities and comprehensive leisure, business and conference facilities. Its signature standard in design, style and service create an environment that is innovative and unique. Dine on the deck and relax as you soak up the panoramic views of the awe-inspiring Arabian Gulf and the stunning Burj Al Arab.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager to join F&B Service Team at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The purpose of this role is Assist the Outlet Manager to plan, organize and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure the outlet provides quality food and beverage service . Provides excellent service to ensure customer expectation is exceeded.
You main duties will include:
- Ensures that all colleagues activities adhere to and support the Jumeirah Quality Standards.
- Sets a personal example for right conduct and behaviour for an open eyed, respected and effective management of the La Parrilla Restaurant.
- Actively promotes the use of up selling techniques within outlet to exceed guest expectations and increase revenue by providing specialist advice to on food and beverages.
- Monitors all aspects of food and beverage quality and hygiene and takes immediate corrective action when required and inform the Outlet Manager.
- Assists the Outlet Manager on developing and mentoring a colleague with high potential for the benefit of the company.
- Assists the Outlet Manager on reviewing, assessing and implementation the restaurant standard operating procedures.
- Maintain optimum stock levels to ensure smooth running of operations to cater to guests demand.
- Participate in staffing requirements for the outlet to ensure the right caliber of staff is selected to meet company objectives. Also manage staff schedules to ensure optimum staffing at all times.
- Maintain hygiene standards and monitor regular quality checks for the outlet.
- Takes full responsibility of the outlet in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 3 years experience as Assistant Restaurant Manager or Senior Supervisor in a fine dining service restaurant preferably Latin-American restaurant in a 5* hotel.
It is also essential that you have detailed food and beverage knowledge within a quality luxury brand, has strong administration and management skills, has the ability to motivate, up sell and train colleagues, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and knowledgable in Micros Point of Sale system. Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.