- Job Level
KEY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain an up to date awareness of room status to ensure efficient servicing.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and monitor their performance and productivity.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all Housekeeping equipment, and schedule necessary preventative maintenance and repair work.
- Oversee assignment of the rooms to the Room Attendants for cleaning.
- Check and release vacant clean rooms for sale.
- Conduct random inspection of service rooms.
- Inspect corridors, back of house areas, stairwells, stores, public areas, pantries, car park and garbage areas for hygiene and cleanliness.
- Note down repairs, linen supplies and out-of-order rooms.
- Ensure a stock take of keys is conducted each shift and missing keys are followed up immediately in line with Hotel Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure that par stock of linen and guest supplies in the pantry areas is maintained in accordance with standards.
- Ensure that the Housekeeping Attendants exercise proper discipline and courtesy in attending to the Guests’ needs/requests.
- Check and counter-sign all daily reports of the Housekeeping Attendants assigned to him/her and to make sure that their reports are correctly filed by the end of their shift.
- Record activities/problems/complaints and follow-up work as necessary in the Log Book.
- Log and store lost property items and send them to guests when required in accordance with Policy and Procedure.
- Liaise with maintenance on all out of order rooms and follow up until returned to service.
- Promote health, safety and welfare of employees within hotel.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision to employees, guests, contractors and visitors so that safe working procedures are followed at all times.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Consistently meet hotel standard of room presentation.
- Able to meet productivity targets.
- Guest satisfaction and feedback
- Achieve on time completion of all rooms under supervision in accordance with hotel service standards.
A formal qualification in hospitality supported by prior experience in an international standard hotel in 4/5 star hotel is essential. Candidates should demonstrate success and growth in their career eg: management and guest commendations, and a track record of training development. Thorough understanding of correct manual handling techniques, understanding of safe chemical practices and housekeeping OHS as whole. You will be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and demonstrate excellent English written and spoken communications skills. We are looking for someone who can work with minimal supervision, possesses drive and initiative and is able to deliver great results. A bright outgoing personality, an ability to think on your feet, strong customer focus and a desire to grow and develop are essential.