Liquid Lab Manager
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
St Regis Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club
A luxury equestrian development located in DubaiLand, the Al Habtoor Polo Resort & Club comprises of a 136-key St. Regis-branded hotel, 162 Andalusian-style villas and branded villas, polo club, state-of-the-art polo academy, riding school and exceptional equestrian facilities, including 520 stables.
Food & Beverage
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the different bar concept in order to meet and exceed guests’ needs and business requirements whilst ensuring strong talent engagement and adherence to service standards and operating procedures.
Ensures that the service, preparation, storage of all beverage items are successfully executed ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with W Dubai Al Habtoor City standards, through planning, organising, directing and controlling the entire beverage operation and administration within the B&F Department.
The Liquid Operations Manager is required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with W Dubai Al Habtoor City policies and procedures, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
Cast Key Responsibilities:
25% of Time Spent
• Maintain high visibility during service hours and occupancy in order to ensure smooth running of operations, promote good public relations, take corrective actions and handle customers’ complaints to ensure their satisfaction. Organise special events in the bars such as receptions.
• Develop and implement objectives for the different bar concepts’ Talents in line with the hotel objectives. Participate in the selection of Talent. Train, develop, coach and manage the performance of direct and indirect reporting Talent to ensure the efficient running of the bars in order to maximize Talent satisfaction, productivity, guest satisfaction and consequently profitability. Support hotel activities on planning and organization. Maintain clear communication channels to enhance Talent satisfaction and productivity.
45% of Time Spent
• Plan and supervise the different bar concepts’ day to day operations in order to contribute to the enjoyment of our guests’ lifestyle experience. Develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, practices and standards and control to ensure they are consistently applied. Ensure that the monthly forecasted beverage cost is achieved. Strictly adhere to the established operating expenses and ensure that all costs are controlled.
• Inspect the bar areas to ensure the food and beverage quality and service are according to standards and to ensure the physical facilities and equipment are well kept and that all health and safety regulations are adhered to, by verifying temperatures, observing presentation, tasting products and checking preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency. Maintain clear communication channels within respective team to enhance talent satisfaction and productivity.
20% of Time Spent
• Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. Manage and control stock ensuring par levels are maintained. Anticipate and maintain all material and supplies ensuring their availability. Control usage of food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment ensuring the equipment is used in a correct and safe manner. Forecast covers and revenues, while controlling payroll and other relevant costs, minimising loss and misuse in order to achieve and exceed the restaurant budgeted profitability. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation.
• Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a log book of activities and other specific duties related to the role. Take any additional duties requested by B&F Manager. Personally demonstrate compliance & health and safety, W Language & Lifestyle culture, code of conduct & insider trading.
10% of Time Spent
• Assist with the service operation to guests.
• Assist in seating of guests.
• Assist with the cleaning of operational areas
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility
Education College diploma/degree, preferably in hotel/restaurant management
Experience Must have at least 2 to 3 years’ experience in the position of Assistant Manager or Manager in Food and Beverage.
Previous experience in managing restaurants or bars preferred.
Working with others
W Look: appear confident, well-groomed.
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Never say no attitude
Exceed customer expectations
Communicate with others
Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
Act with professionalism & integrity
Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility Take ownership
Learn, develop and adapt to change
Attend to detail
Delivering results Commit to quality
Follow policies and procedures
Technical / functional competencies High level of IT understanding including Micros
Ability to use Microsoft package efficiently
Understanding of Starwood policies and procedures
Basic understanding of international and local labour law
Starwood program knowledge preferred
Other skills (Language) Fluency in English mandatory
Good communication skills, both verbal and written
Second language preferred