Staff Housing Supervisor
4 days left
- Job Level
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- Monitors the services provided to staff and to ensure conformity to company operating standards, procedures and local regulations in order to achieve customer satisfaction and to preserve the Hotel’s quality standards.
- Ensures that all staff in the department are effectively trained as per the company policies and procedures in order to meet and exceed the guest’s expectation.
- Ensures the staff accommodation areas and the office areas are maintained in excellent condition and cleanliness. Monitors maintenance requests procedures and regularly inspect staff rooms, corridors, cafeteria etc. to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness.
- Applies the standards of appearance and hygiene on all staff.
- Handles effectively all staff complaints concerning the rooms & cafeteria, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence. Review all log books related to the department daily and take corrective action when necessary. Checks the attendance of the staff on a temporary basis and ensure staff is reporting to work
- Conducts weekly briefing within the department where operational information is provided to the staff.
- Conducts a monthly meeting where the staff could express them selves and give new ideas for the operation.
- Conducts evaluations and appraisal skills meeting every six months to reevaluate the staff and make development plans for them.
- Maintains careful control over room’s assignment and ensure rooms are allotted according to the category entitlement.
- Ensures that operational equipment, computers, other administrative and operating supplies, assets are maintained in excellent condition.
- Ensures that the department is effectively staffed and motivated to consistently deliver high levels of service.
- Ensures all staff is thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Knows and applies all Hotel’s corporate and local Operational Standards as well as local authorities requests and ensure they are implemented.
- Assists all subordinates in the accomplishment of their job description.
- Sets up training programs for the staff whenever necessary in conjunction with the Personnel & Training Manager.
- Maintains a monthly overview of vacation and public holiday balance of all his staff and delivers a monthly consolidated summary to the Personnel Manager.
- Maintains reports on rooms assigned, vacant rooms and submit a summary to the HR department every month.
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to hotel policies and procedures and operations.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good command of English.
- Two (2) years experience in Five Star Hotel.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Interrelations: Contact with All departments