Responsibilities and Obligations:
- To receive the agreed quality and quantity of goods at the hotel and to see that the hygiene procedures are followed correctly.
- To keep inform all the operational heads and purchasing department by making daily receiving report.
- To take out Good Receiving report (GRR) on a day to day basis and forward to AP supervisor
- To verify the LPO before GRR made in the system
- To receive proper amendments from Purchasing against LPO's before GRR is made.
- To store the perishables in cold rooms immediately after quality check done by Kitchen representative
- To inform Cost Controller in case of perishables not stored at cold rooms in time by Kitchen representative.
- To ensure all Delivery documents are quality checked and signed by authorised representative of departments
- To ensure all the items are received in a proper pack with labels except vegetables and fruits.
- To maintain a filing list where all correspondences are recorded for anytime verification in detail
- Keep the receiving area clean and hygienic.
- Keep the weighing instruments tidy and free from any weight error.
- To make a short supply note before lunch session and send to Chef, FBC & Purchasing
- To make rejection advice report and circulate to AFC/User & Purchasing
- To keep all files in a safe custody and neatly
- To promote efficiency, confidence, and courtesy towards colleagues.
- To generally promote and ensure good relations with Operational and department colleagues.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by Department Head to the best of your ability.
- To make a timely suggestion to Controller simplifying documents and providing lead to avoid duplication issues.
- To ensure that the standards required by UAE Law and by Department are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- MS Office, Fidelio, Golden Blue, and ability to adapt manual documentation when necessary