Accounts Payable Supervisor
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- To do timely collection of LPO, Delivery Notes, Invoices, Credit Notes from internal and external sources.
- To update cash flow statement against LPO/Contracts received from operations
- To collect the Goods Receiving report (GRR) from Receiving Clerk on day to day basis.
- To verify GRR and have all the original supporting are attached.
- To reconcile all supplier statements as and when received, investigate and resolve the discrepancies in good time
- To ensure all payment are supported by an original LPO or Contract and are authorised by the respective department head
- To inform Assistant Financial Controller of any discrepancies found on supplier invoices which have not been noted by receiving clerk
- To import Material receipts into Sun Financial accounting system on a day to day basis. Report the variance to AFC/CA
- To have track on assets coding while booking the invoices in to General ledger
- To pay suppliers/contractors on a monthly basis
- To verify the Creditors ageing with AFC/CA bi monthly.
- To file the cheque payment vouchers with supporting duly approved as per guidelines.
- To assist the AFC on Bank reconciliations and ensure accuracy with creditor's ledger
- To track the advance payments and to ensure minimise the debit balances.
- To have co ordination with General Cashier on cash purchase transactions.
- To file the cancelled cheques in a separate file.
- To have co ordination with store man, receiving clerk and Cost clerk on creditors welfare.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, and courtesy towards colleagues.
- To generally promote and ensure good relations with Operational and department colleagues.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To adhere to Company and Hotel rules and regulations at all times.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by Department head.
- To comply with any reasonable request made by Department Head to the best of your ability.
- To make a timely suggestion to Controller simplifying documents and providing a lead to avoid duplication issues.
- To ensure that the standards required by Qatar Law and by Department are maintained at all times in the areas specified above.
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Sun Systems 4.0, Fidelio/Protel.